- Graduated from Glenwood Springs high School (Colorado) 1987
- Graduated from University of Northern Colorado with a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education 1992
- Founder and President of the Wetumpka TEA Party (Alabama)
- Alabama State Representative for ParentalRights.org
- Appointed by Alabama Governor, Robert Bentley, to the Alabama Constitutional
- Revision Commission
- She traveled around the country as a political correspondent for B!G Voices Media in Jacksonville, FL during the 2012 election cycle.
- Her story is featured in the book, “TEA PARTY; The Awakening” by Brent Morehouse
- She and her husband are in “THE CHILD; A Documentary” by Watchmen Cinema about the threats to Parental Rights in America.
- She has been on several national news shows on FOX News Including: Sean Hannity, FOX and Friends, America’s News Headquarters, American News Room, Your World with Neil Cavuto, FOX Business with Stewart Varney and Co., CNN, and several Alabama TV networks.
- She has been a guest on talk radio shows all across the country some were American Family Radio, Sirius/XM Patriot Radio, Rick Santorum’s Patriot Voices, Sean Hannity Radio
- Becky has been featured in such publications as The Weekly Standard, New York Times , Washington Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post and other national and local publications
Rebecca grew up in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. After graduation she spent one year at Colorado Christian College and then transferred to the University of Northern Colorado where she completed her degree in Elementary Education in 1992.
The week after her college graduation, she married Eric Gerritson who was in the Air Force, stationed in Germany. They lived in Germany until 1993 when they were reassigned to Guam. In 1995, they moved to Colorado where they were stationed at the Air Force Academy. Their daughter Shelley was born very soon thereafter. In 1999, they were reassigned to Minot, North Dakota for three years where they were ministers to the base’s young adult population. In 2002, culminating their final military move, the family relocated to Wetumpka, AL and has remained in Wetumpka ever since.
Becky homeschooled their daughter from kindergarten through high school, but in 2009, during her daughter’s 10th grade year, both Becky and her husband recognized a need to form the Wetumpka TEA Party as a voice for those living in Elmore County. Since the founding, Becky has been the Vice President and President, leading a network of more than 1,000 patriots through such battles as Obama Care, Cap and Trade, two major elections, several Alabama Constitutional amendments. Plus, in 2011, Governor Bentley asked her to be on the Alabama Constitutional Revision Committee until late last year.
Since then, Becky has narrowed her TEA Party resume and is focusing primarily on two critical battles in our country: the battle to repeal Common Core currently instituted across Alabama and 46 other states. She also has a passion for protecting parental rights in America and she travels and speaks on both of those topics.
Her most recent “claim to fame” has been from her testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee on June 4, 2013. Her TEA Party Organization was targeted by the IRS and she is currently involved in a lawsuit against the IRS.