Senator Jack Johnson
Jack Johnson grew up in a small town, raised to understand the importance of family and the honor found in a hard day's work, to preserve, protect and respect our freedoms, both for ourselves and others, and to take pride in a community that remembers its past, works in the present and focuses on the future.
Jack Johnson has proudly called middle Tennessee "home since graduating from Texas State University with a degree in education.
Jack Johnson and his wife Deanna, Circuit Court Judge for the 21st District, are raising their three children in Leiper's Fork, where they attend Grace Chapel Church. Jack and Deanna met over 20 years ago at a Young Republican function, sharing the same conservative values and the same dream of a future filled with faith and family.
Jack Johnson has over 20 years of hands-on experience in the financial industry, beginning his career with Third National Bank (now SunTrust) as well as working in the asset management division of Pinnacle Financial Partners. Currently he and his wife are small business owners in Leiper's Fork, where he serves as company CEO.
As our State Senator, Jack Johnson proudly represents the 23rd District which includes all of Williamson County. When the day's work is done, Jack enjoys spending time with his family, playing guitar, and flying.
- Senate member of the 105th - 109th General Assemblies
- Chairman, Senate Commerce & Labor Committee “ 107th,108th & 109th General Assemblies
- Member, Senate State & Local Government “ 109th General Assembly
- Member, Capitol Commission “ 107th, 108th & 109th General Assemblies
- 1st Vice Chair, Senate State & Local Government Committee “ 108th General Assembly
- Chairman, Senate Government Operations Committee “ 107th General Assembly
- Vice Chairman, Senate Energy and Environment Committee “ 107th General Assembly
- Secretary, Republican Caucus “ 107th General Assembly
- Member, Joint Select Oversight Committee on Corrections “ 105th General Assembly
- Member, Joint Select Oversight Committee on TennCare “ 105th General Assembly
- Member, Charitable Gaming Oversight Committee “ 105th General Assembly
- Assistant Floor Leader, Republican Caucus “ 105th General Assembly
- Member, Williamson County Republican Party
- Member, Davidson County Republican Party
- Banking Coalition for Congressman Marsha Blackburn
- 2006 Delegate to Southern Republican Leadership Conference
- 2004 District Chairman, Bush/Cheney
- 2002 Regional Chairman, Van Hilleary for Governor (Williamson & Davidson Counties)
- 2000 County Chairman, Bill Frist for Senate
- 1998 Volunteer, Ed Bryant for Congress, Van Hilleary for Congress
- 1996 Volunteer, Fred Thompson for Senate
- 1994 Volunteer, Bill Frist for Senate, Fred Thompson for Senate
- 1992 Volunteer, Bush/Quayle
- Attends Grace Chapel Church
- Member, South Nashville Civitan
- Member, Williamson County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Springhill Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Williamson County Child Advocacy Center Advisory Board
- Member, Monroe Harding Children's Home Board
- Member, Graceworks Board
- Member, Williamson County Fair
- Member, National Rifle Association
- Member, AOPA