You are posting a comment about...
SPECIAL SESSION AUGUST 21 - ACT NOW!!
Gov. Lee Announces Special Session on Public Safety to Begin August 21
Invites Tennesseans to share feedback on public safety & preserving constitutional rights
Monday, May 08, 2023 | 02:43pm
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Today, Tennessee Governor Bill Lee announced that he will call for the Tennessee General Assembly to convene a special legislative session on August 21, 2023, to strengthen public safety and preserve constitutional rights.
“After speaking with members of the General Assembly, I am calling for a special session on August 21 to continue our important discussion about solutions to keep Tennessee communities safe and preserve the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens,” said Gov. Lee. “There is broad agreement that action is needed, and in the weeks ahead, we’ll continue to listen to Tennesseans and pursue thoughtful, practical measures that strengthen the safety of Tennesseans, preserve Second Amendment rights, prioritize due process protections, support law enforcement and address mental health.”
Starting today, Tennesseans are invited to engage in the conversation by sharing feedback here.
Gov. Lee will meet with legislators, stakeholders and Tennesseans throughout the summer to discuss practical solutions ahead of the special session.
The Governor’s office will issue a formal call ahead of the special session.
GUESS WHO WILL USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THEIR ADVANTAGE??
IF CONSERVATIVES DON'T PARTICIPATE IN DROVES, THE SPECIAL SESSION WILL CONVENE WITH THOUSANDS OF RESPONSES SUPPORTING GUN CONTROL, AND EVERYTHING THAT WILL BRING!!
Remember how quickly hundreds of people showed up at that Capitol on several separate days? Well, this opportunity will be used JUST LIKE THAT!!!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
1. Why would it be a good idea for the TN General Assembly to meet in a Special Session without having complete access to the shooter's 'manifesto', journal and any other writings before making any decisions about legislation??
2. Any gun control measure, regardless how benign or insignificant it may seem, will be a huge victory for gun opponents.
3. The consequences far exceed the issue of our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Which side prevails on this issue will determine the nature of political discourse for many years to come.
4. To the argument that "we need to do something": we already did - we provided major funding to schools to provide school resource officers to every school.
5. Changing the title from "Red Flag" to "Risk Protection Order" changes the words, but does not change the fact that the technical term for "Red Flag Law" is "Extreme Risk Protection Order" anyway. "Rebranding" does not make it better.
DON'T FORGET TO FIND YOUR SENATOR HERE AND YOUR HOUSE MEMBER HERE -- CONTACT EACH OF THEM AND LET THEM KNOW YOUR CONCERNS.
I really can't tell you how important it is to make YOUR voice heard.
A LOT of other voices are going to be heard.
PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH OTHERS!!